A Gentle Footstep Toward Heroes: "Thank You for Remembering Us"

Between September 3 and 22, 2026, 202 Volunteers from 10 Shincheonji Volunteer Group Branches Nationwide Honored 2,498 National Veterans and Fallen Heroes Through Food Deliveries, Headstone Cleaning, and Personalized Care Ahead of Chuseok. In September, ahead of Chuseok (Korean Thanksgiving), a warm greeting echoed through the home of a national veteran in Wonju. Volunteers arrived bearing gifts of handcrafted holiday food. "You made this yourself?" the elderly veteran asked, a smile spreading across his face as he received the songpyeon (half-moon rice cakes), jeon (fritters), and sikhye (rice punch). "Having young people visit and listen to my old stories brings great joy and gratitude." This small moment was just one instance from a massive nationwide outreach. From September 3 to 22, the Shincheonji Volunteer Group hosted 11 tailored patriotic volunteer events across 10 regions: Seosan, Cheongju, Asan, Dongjak, Daejeon, Tongyeong, East Busan, Sokcho, Won...

[Movie] Marriage Story (2019)

This movie really helps me to think about the relationship and myself. I saw myself through Nicole of this movie. 

Is my identity, myself is reserved in the relationship?

Am a being respected by myself and by my partner?

I learned only through experience that if myself is lost in a relationship, that relationship is not healthy. 

Meaning, if I cannot raise my own voice and if I am always doing everything to satisfy my partner that is not very healthy. According to Nicole, this can be described as "I didnot belong to myself." & "I did't even know what my taste was because I was never asked to use it." 

For some reason, I was in a relationship where my taste was alwasy looked down, regarded as not worthy. In the movie, Nicole says "A bit of Earth that is yours." Reflecting this line of word to myself, there was no "bit of Earth that's mine." 

I regret that I did not fight for myself. However, because of that experience, I learned that I need to have a courage to speak up for myself and avoiding conflict in any relationship is not always good. I am not saying that conflict or flight is good but only emphasizing that healthy and productive conflict and fights, arguments are necessary in a relationship. 

After watching this movie, I try to meditate and have conversation with myself in order to know about my true self. I realized that I never look after myself and that is why I am always so focused on satisfying other rather than myself. Yes you need a good balance of yourself and your partner. And in order to find that good balance betwee me and the world (other people), I will first take a look at myself and get to know myself better.

(Image downloaded from https://wallpaperaccess.com/marriage-story#google_vignette)




댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

Shincheonji Netherlands Church and Class 116 Graduates Carry Out Environmental Cleanup in Rotterdam

Winter Break Program Opens Career Exploration Opportunities for Youth in Gwangju

Class 116 Graduates Share Warmth Through Kimchi: A Winter of Giving in the Peter and Andre Tribes